Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Less Expectations, More Experiences

Less is More Series | Week 4

False expectations of yourself? Yep. We all do it.

We put ourselves in a category of comparison, and we start to expect things of ourselves that, quite frankly, don’t make sense.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not confusing this with unrealistic expectations...which, to you, might sound like the same thing.  But to me, that means that something is impossible, and I’m a firm believer that anything is possibleHowever, false expectations are the ones that just don’t.make.sense. They don’t fit who you are, but instead, they fit who someone you idolize to be.

Stop beating yourself up over not living up to your false expectations of yourself...start experiencing life as it hands it to you.  Live it. Breathe it. Don’t get upset when things don’t necessarily go the way you wanted...the way you expected.  My bet? God has something way cooler for you down the road, and you are missing an amazing opportunity to experience just want that is, by getting caught up in the jumble of false expectations.


^ps-I’m mostly writing this to myself to remember...but will you join me in it?

Check out week three, two, and one of this series here!

No comments:

Post a Comment