Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Meet Miss Katie: My New Intern



How about you introduce yourself and share a little bit about yourself?
My name is Katie Carlson; I was born and raised in Minnetonka, MN. The most important thing to me is my family. I have an older brother and a twin brother. Anyone who is friends with me knows that my brothers are my absolute best friends. I go to school at University of Wisconsin—Eau Claire. I am majoring in organizational communication and in the future I hope to be a wedding planner.

Katie, what excited you about this internship?
I was very excited about Andra’s love for anything and everything that is gold and pink. Her website is so colorful and girly, but still tasteful. I knew just by how it looked that I would love to work for Andra. I also have always had a passion for the wedding industry; I have always been the girl that cannot wait for the next bridal magazine to come in the mail. So, when I heard about the internship I thought it was a perfect opportunity to start learning how the wedding industry works. 

What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Thoughtful: I never want anyone to feel sad or hurt. I always try to think of others and put them before myself.
Cheerful: I try to look at the positive side of things. I do understand that a lot of times it is easier said than done, but we only live once, so why not be happy?
A little bit of sass (yes...that is more than one word): I wouldn't say I am sassy, but that I have a little bit of sass. I am very protective of my family and friends and I would gladly stick up for them in any situation.



What do you like to do in your free time?
As much as I love being active, I am a huge homebody. I love spending time with my family, whether it is us sitting around our family room talking or going on errands with my mom. I also love to read, I have a never-ending list of books I want to read.

My favorite place
My favorite place in the entire world is my cabin. My family has owned it for over 50 years, so I love how much history is packed into one piece of land. I like that whenever I am up there one of my relatives will always be there as well. It is an added bonus that the water is right there, if I could I would spend my entire life in the water.

What would you do if you could not fail?
If I could do anything without failing I would pick up and move to a new country. I wouldn't know how to get around or most likely I would not speak the native language, but it would be such an amazing learning experience.

What is your favorite wedding movie?
I have a lot of favorite wedding movies, so this is hard. I believe my favorite one over all is Sweet Home Alabama. I love how she moved away from her home and started a new life, but deep down she has always been in love with her first husband. I find it adorable that they were childhood best friends. I’m also a huge country fan, so I love the soundtrack as well.



What is your favorite part about a wedding?
I would say that my favorite part of a wedding is seeing all the details come together. Meaning that you can see how the couple’s wedding invitation goes with the bridesmaid’s dresses and how both of these match the center pieces on the tables. I love seeing the finished product of everything.

What are three vices that you cannot live without?
Coffee: Sadly, I need coffee to get through any morning.
Shopping: It is my form of therapy.
My dog, Lillie: Whatever kind of day I am having she is always there to cheer me up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment