Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Less Comparison, More Creativity


Less Is More Series | Week 1

‘Comparison is the thief of joy.’  We’ve all heard it, but seriously, isn’t it way too true? And not only does comparison diminish joy, but doesn’t it steal creativity as well?  I can’t tell you how many times I get on a stalking cycle (not in a creepy way, I promise...), of so many experienced designers I adore, and just get way down on myself. While their work serves as inspiration, that’s exactly where it should stop.  So often we are paralyzed to act on our own ideas, moments, and creativity, because ‘it won’t be as good as so-and-so.’ YIKES. Let’s put an end to that. 

How often are you paralyzed by comparison? Really, take a second to think about it. The amount of time is ugly and gross. Are there ideas you’ve wanted to explore, things you’ve wanted to do, dreams you’ve wanted to accomplish? Well then, do it! You have my full permission to stop comparing yourself to others. Creativity is beautiful...explore it. 

Less comparison, more creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment