Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Less Hustle, More Heart



Less is More Series | Week 3

If any of you follow my little INSTAGRAM over here, you may have noticed a bit of a breakdown last week (followed by a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my East Coast Main Squeeze).  Yep, I officially had one of those “I'm-stressed-to-the-max-and-I-will-cry-at-any-second-because-everything-that-could-go-wrong-today-is-and-I-am-way-over-my-head-and-forgetting-to-breathe-because-I-have-no-control-over-this-situation-so-I-might-pass-out” days. The days where you have so much to do (not even necessarily work related), you just want to take a nap and forget about it all for an hour...or five.

It was just this past weekend, reflecting back on it all, where I realized that I’ve started to lose sight of my heart, and instead, was living for the hustle.  You know, the 
“How’s life?” 
“Just crazy busy!” 
conversations that happen day in and day out.

I’m realizing that every time I say yes to something that isn’t from the heart, I’m saying no to something that is.  Every yes that isn’t from the heart, is another moment of added hustle... What if I only said yes to things that gave my heart the giggles? Gave my heart compassion? Gave my heart purpose? Maybe I wouldn’t have as many days of total franticness (although, the flowers were a nice bonus) ;)

Let’s commit to one another: saying more yes’s to things that make our hearts soar, and more no’s to things that just...don’t. You in?

Check out week 1 and week 2 from this Series!

No comments:

Post a Comment