Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Less perfection, more progress



Less is More Series | Week 2

Dear all perfectionists,

Warning: sometimes, perfect isn’t always the best. *gasp* I know...I know... but here is the deal people: perfectionism can hold us back from making progress in our life. For example, you have no idea how many drafts of blog posts I have pending on my little slice of internet right now. It’s actually embarrassing.  The real reason I don’t post them isn’t because they aren’t ready, it’s because they aren’t perfect. Correction: perfect to my standards...

...and that’s just it.  I wonder how much more progress I would make in my life, if perfection wasn’t always a standard. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I want the work sent off to my clients to be perfect, but I also don’t want my life to be debilitated and frozen, just because I couldn’t get past that cloudy monster called ‘perfection.’

Think about it, how much more progress would you make in your day, if perfection wasn’t your standard? Think about how much further you would be with your dreams, goals, and day-to-day living. Sometimes you have to punch perfection in the gut, and make things (big things) happen.

Sincerely,

Miss Progress

Read Week 1 of this series here: Less comparison, More Creativity.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh...I do this too. thanks for sharing this, Andra!

    ReplyDelete