Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Be My Maid? How I Asked My Ladies

If y'all know me (I'm currently writing this from Georgia, so I felt like the 'y'all' was appropriate), I love finding clever and cute ways to take something mundane, and make it magical.  That's why I knew that asking my ladies to stand by my side on the big day could not fall anywhere short of oh-so-cute

Plus, each of my girls lives on completely opposite sides of the country...oh, and world. My ladies live in places ranging from Denver, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, and Australia, so finding a cohesive way to ask them (instead of a Facebook message filled with a lot of emojis) was important to me. I decided to make these cute lil' thangs:

I went to JoAnn Fabrics and found these cute jewelry boxes.  They even included a little foam cushion (you know, to protect the jewelry?).  In my case, I used it to add some height and volume to the box. I wrapped the cushion in pretty fabric and lace.


The outside of the box got this cute and glittery heart, that I simply cut out of gold glitter paper.  Voila! Super simple, and made the presentation of the box way cuter.  Plus, Brent and I are getting married on Valentine's Day, so the 'heart thing' was inevitable. Which is why I also had to include these heart shaped sunnies! I mean really... be still my heart.


Next, I hand-lettered a little 'Be My Maid' action to the inside cover, and attached it with (of course) some cute blush pink and gold washi tape. 


Since each of my ladies gets to pick out their own long chiffon dress, depending on their style and what makes them feel prettiest, I included this image and color samples (free from Menards! Win!) to serve as inspiration.  I had some ribbon and these cute little clothes pins to match too, and since I love details, I couldn't resist adding those in there to tie it all together.


Since all of my ladies are spread all over the world, I knew that including some information about our day would be a great way to explain everything at one time...win-win for all. Click on the image if you would like to see the details a bit closer!


Overall, I love how I was able to get crafty and ask my girls in a way that also made them feel loved.  After all, Brent and I are so excited to get married, and we want to reflect our love for one another to others...and to think this is only the beginning!

Click here to see our pre-engagement pictures ;)

2 comments:

  1. "my colors are blush & bashful." "Your colors are pink & pink." :)
    couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete