Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Less Technology, More Time
















Less is More Series | Week 6


Need I say more? Can I get an amen? 

I was out to lunch the other day with a friend, and I saw a family of 5 all out to eat together.  It was super nice until I noticed this:
-Dad: on his cell phone
-Mom: on her cell phone
-Kid #1: playing with the Ipad
-Kid #2: playing his leap-frog game
-Kid #3: crying because he wanted to play with the Ipad

You guys, my heart hurt. It made me stop and think.  Have we lost the ability to realize what matters most? Are we going to look back and wonder what we could have learned about our family over that precious lunch time together? Time is such a treasure that we take for granted, and sometimes, technology is the bag of chocolate chips that we need ‘just one more handful’ of (confession: I just wanted to mention chocolate, because I’m craving it).  Anyways, you get the idea.  We think, “just 5 more minutes of facebook...” and then all of the sudden, your entire night is gone, and you haven’t said a word to your family, friends, roommate, or dog (for those of you that this applies to).

Don’t get me wrong, technology isn’t all bad (I mean, hello! Long distance relationship here! Preach! Thank GOD for Skype!), but there is a time and place where technology does more harm than good. Yea?


Let’s make a commitment to spend time with one another...like, real, time. Face-to-face time.  Laugh until you cry time.  Genuine, loving, and tech-free time.  

Like what you see? Read my last post here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment